Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas this year

I don't know what I anticiapated for Christmas this year, but whatever it was, this isn't it! I can't complain too much, but I haven't done ANYTHING Christmasy yet. Nate is constantly gone. And I am soooo busy with three boys, preschool, my calling, that I just haven't done anything. I've watched my neighbors kids a few times so that they could go and do some holiday things (I'm sure it's nice to be a doctor). I sure hope I have fun in Utah, I love Christmas, I feel like singing that song from the Grinch "Where are you Christmas?" It probably doesn't help that it is raining right now. If anyone can give me some holiday cheer I could sure use it, RIGHT NOW!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

I felt the same way my first few years away from home. It's just not the same when you are away. It takes a while to get into the swing of you own family traditions and stop mourning the fact that you are missing out on all of the extended family traditions. That's how I feel at least. This year I am doing better. We are doing a lot of things on our own and making our own traditions. I'm glad you will be going to Utah soon (this weekend?). That should help.

Merry Christmas. Drive safely and I hope you have an excellent time.

Mel

Anonymous said...

I was going to write the same thing as your friend Melanie. It's hard the first little while you're away from your "normal" traditions. It's been fun for our family to start our own traditions to help us feel the Christmas Spirit.

Even with that, though, I've still had a hard time feeling it this year. I realized Sunday that it's because I'm not focusing on Christ as much as I should. Sure, we're listening to Christmas music and we have decorated the house, but until I start reading stories about the Savior and really focusing on that aspect (the real reason!) of Christmas, it's just not the same.

I hope you find what you need!

Tara Hobbs said...

I have a nice plate of christmas treats I've made for you! I can't wait for you to get here!

Moey and Spence said...

I'll be home for Christmas... SO come visit! We were thinking the Monday or Tuesday after. How does that sound?

Celeste said...

Oh, Nicole! I bet its hard being far away! But I agree. We have a 24 days of christmas book that we read each night that has a scripture song and story in it. I wish I could give it to you. It totally helps to read, sing and talk about the savior. Drive safe, I'm sure family will make you feel better!

sara and gailon said...

It was fun to see you at church today...your calling is still waiting for you!!

Jessica Dean said...

Hey, I forget to look at your blog! Cute cute pictures! I'm sure you had a good Christmas, but I bet the best part of your trip was visiting me!!;) Can't wait to see you next week. Luv ya.