Sunday, September 13, 2009

A day at Cour D' Alene

Yesterday I went on a bike ride with my neighbor, Naohmi, whe mentioned that her family was going to spend the day at Couer d' Alene, well one thing led to another (as it often does) and we ended up tagging along with them; we had a wonderful, fun-filled day. Couer d' Alene (for those who don't know) is a touristy city in Northern Idaho, with a beautiful lake and lots of fun things to see and do. We went to the beach and enjoyed the last of the summer heat, we enjoyed jumping off the pier into the refreshingly cold lake. The army had something going on (we weren't exactly sure) but they had bouncy houses set up along with a rock climbling wall, dunking tanks and gun displays, and because of where we are there weren't any crowds. The kids had a blast. We ended the day with eating at an awesome yummy local restaurant, it was like we were on vacation. You can come visit! Right now there are great rates at Hotel Carroll...free-ninety-free with a complimentary breakfast served.

4 comments:

TravNSteph said...

OH man I freakin love you and am excited to see that you are having a good time up there! I am trying to get some pennies saved so i can come visit, but travis' car broke down yesterday so instead of coming this fall, i am probably not gonna be able to come until the spring..Love you and miss you everyday! Give the boys my love!

Jessica Dean said...

Sounds so fun! See, Idaho is the best!! ;) I'm so glad that you have found a good friend there. It makes life so much better. Miss you. Your pictures are cute.

Photo's by Shan said...

I am on my way!

Tara Hobbs said...

I'll hitch a ride with Shantel!